What I love the most about Acworth is how welcoming the people are. Our close-knit community has a small-town feeling reminiscent of Mayberry, yet it’s convenient to all the amenities and attractions available in the greater metropolitan Atlanta area.
Acworth is a growing, vibrant city with a population of 24,000, and it continues to grow by 3% each year. Real estate values have done exceptionally well, with a current increase of 12% over 2022. Several key factors have contributed to this growth:
- Affordability. The cost of living in Acworth is relatively low, making it a great option for people who are looking for affordable housing. The median home price is $367,000 — more than 6% lower than the national median of $392,000.
- Natural beauty and unique attractions. Acworth’s natural beauty is unmatched by any other city, in my opinion. It’s surrounded by beautiful parks and walking trails, with the 12,010 acres that make up Lake Allatoona being the hub of activity. The lake offers residents and visitors access to boating, fishing and other water-based recreation. Year-round festivals and events are another jewel in our crown. Some of my favorite events are the Smoke on the Lake BBQ Festival, Fourth of July, Taste of Acworth and the Acworth Arts Festival.
- Quality schools. Acworth is known for its high-performing schools, making it a great choice for families with children. The graduation rate for Allatoona High School’s Class of 2022 was 92.9%, the seventh highest among Cobb County’s 16 high schools.
- Convenient. Acworth is just 30 minutes from Atlanta, with major highways and fast lanes providing easy commutes for residents to travel to other parts of the area for work or leisure.
I believe the leadership and vision of Mayor Tommy Allegood’s Quality of Life campaign for Acworth is why it is the fastest-growing city, residentially and commercially, in Cobb County. I’m proud to own a business in the heart of downtown Acworth!
– Anet Granger became a Realtor 20 years ago with a vision of offering world-class experience with hometown expertise to do work that is helpful to others.
Leave a Reply